“WE TOUCH LIVES”
The PNK Foundation was established in December 2015 with the aim of improving the livelihoods of disadvantaged communities in the Lari County region. We do this by empowering community groups to find sustainable home-grown solutions to the challenges they face.
Our community activities fall into four pillars, carefully chosen to reflect areas where we can have the greatest impact and where we can make the most difference.
These are: Orphans & Vulnerable Children, Education Infrastructure Support programmes, and Agricultural Awareness and Training programmes for Economic Sustenance.
TO CREATE AND IMPLEMENT SUSTAINABLE PROGRAMS IN THE COMMUNITY THAT IMPROVE ACCESS WORLDWIDE TO INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND IMPROVED LIFESTYLE NOW AND FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS
- TO WORK WITH COMMUNITIES IN A BID TO END HUNGER, POVERTY, IMPROVE HEALTH CARE AND EDUCATION SO AS TO EMPOWER CURRENT AND FUTURE GENERATIONS AND IMPROVE THEIR STANDARDS OF LIVING
The following values shape who we are as an organisation and guide how we work with each other and with our grantees.
We commit to exhibiting the highest levels of integrity, humanity excellence and an abiding sense of responsibility in acting as stewards of the human, reputational and functional resources entrusted to us to advance the foundations mission guided by ‘’leave the world a better place than we found it’’.
We will treat with respect every staff member and everyone with whom we work with, valuing each person’s distinctive background, personal style and perspectives while displaying honesty, dignity, kindness, trust in all our interactions with one another.
We will embrace experimentation reason risk-taking and continuous improvement, recognizing with the pursuit of new approaches that, although unproven hold the promise of breaking through stale or unproductive approaches to the seemingly intractable challenges our society faces.
We will actively seek out and embrace opportunities to further and support others to device and implement solutions, recognizing that by co-operating and aligning with others and one another we will leverage collective experience, insight networks and resources to more effectively advance the foundation’s mission to promote human progress.
Through the work of our programs and partnerships, we will deploy an array of grant-making and investing tools to expand opportunities for low-income members of the community living within Lari and neighboring constituencies within Kagwe- Kiambu County so that they may improve their lives circumstances and join the economic mainstream.
We will foster a workplace environment and culture in which staff and members of the public have opportunity to express their talents and ambitions be acknowledged and rewarded for their achievements, grow in their effectiveness and careers and see their efforts reflected in strengthened sense of common purpose.
FUNDERS AND FINANCIERS
PNK is funded 3 Corporate bodies being: –
- UPLANDS PREMIUM DAIRIES & FOODS LIMITED
- GOLDEN VALLEY PROPERTIES LIMITED
- MUNG’ERE FARM LTD
We target large and small scale farmers, children homes, needy schools, community organisations, small scale industries and businesses, tertiary institutions, youth groups, disabled groups, old age groups, community health centres and less fortunate children in society.
KEY ACTIVITIES OF THE FOUNDATION
The foundation engages in different community building activities in a bid to empower and uplift the lives of community members.
- Direct paying of school fees and other living expenses for the less fortunate students of the society
- Direct provision of shelters and other deserving basic needs for the less fortunate members of the society
- Organising and promoting seminars, workshops, meetings, demonstrations, exhibitions, trade fares, displays and educational programmes and schemes for members, sponsors, volunteers and sponsors of the foundation.
- Trainings in agriculture, dairy farming, dairy breeders, dairy bankers, dairy confectioners, dairy merchants, dairy dealers, schools, institutions and other training centres for the benefit of the communities.
- Direct establishing, organising, equipping, managing and advising of community based organisations dealing with water, sanitation, schooling and shelter facilities.
- Help in the provision of all resources for the activities of selling, breeding, importing, improving, preparing, dealing, trading, in dairy cattle, pigs, poultry, game, live and dead stocks of every description for the purposes of education and promoting the community members.
- Issuing grants to Community based organisations in support of their projects, small businesses, small industries.
- Supporting children homes and feeding programs with the view of elevating the children’s living standards in the community.
- Issuing grants to old age bracket groups in a bid to improve their living standards.
Take a look at our activities here